"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library" - Jorge Luis Borges

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

January Wrap-Up: Slow Start, but One Most-Anticipated Down!

One of my book goals for 2022 is to get to my most-anticipated titles of the year sooner to their release date than later: hence Fiona Davis's The Magnolia Palace (see review), an entertaining fictional story wrapped around fact that had me often stopping my reading to look up images of various artworks mentioned in the book, which really gave the text extra resonance.

Beyond that, I caught up on the adventures of Big Nate and finished the next book in one of my favorite childrens series, The Haunted Library. And while Fearbook Club was a great graphic novel, the rest of January's reading was ... meh, at best. And did the month go fast!

Was well into a few other books that didn't get done by January 31st, but only have eight for the month because I went bat-you-know-what nuts in January with films! Had some streaming services ending that I decided not to renew, so check out the EIGHTEEN FILMS I watched in January below (as always, click on any image to enlarge). No reviews for them yet, - and this may take awhile (big surprise) - but already I feel like I watched more quality films in January than I did in most of 2021; hopefully a good sign.

Hope your 2022 started off well!

No comments:

Post a Comment