"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library" - Jorge Luis Borges

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

May Wrap-Up: Kidlit & Graphic Novels - Light, but Quality!

Another month that sort of got away with me; just light reading, including some kidlit and graphic novels, but some genuine quality here: another run-in between Batman and the Scooby Gang completely resurrected some favorite childhood memories, and I would never have thought it but reinventing Cinderella as an elephant easily led to one of the funniest kids books I've read in ages.

Top of the Charts for the month? Definitely the m/m love story Cheri, My Destiny! fast became one of my favorite mangas ever upon finising it, and Wynd ... oh my goodness, Wynd; one of my favorite graphic novels of all-time, full of heart and adventure and with a lead character you can't help but love; I can hardly wait for book two! Kidlit-wise, The Treasure Troop's first mystery was terrific; between this and her Haunted Library series, I am at the point where I'd read anything Dori Hillestad Butler puts on the page. And Ghoulia; how I love dear little Ghoulia (think Wednesday Addams as a softhearted zombie full of love), and her second adventure was easily as great as the first.


Filmwise, only three, none of them outstanding. And don't get me started on Things Heard & Seen, as this film qualifies for neither.

Hoping to have a bigger crossover between kidlit and adult fare in coming months - though for some reason, my Mood Reading switch has kicked into overdrive and I'm navigating my readig life without a map. But hey - long as I'm reading, I'm happy there (and yes, always catching up on reviews, so keep checking back if you don't see someting here!). Happy Reading and Viewing to All, and welcome to summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment