"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library" - Jorge Luis Borges

Saturday, May 1, 2021

BookTube Spin #2 ... + Reaction to Book #1

If you saw my post of 23 April (which you can read here), you saw I posted my list of 20 titles for the second BookTube Spin, hosted and spun by BookTuber Rick MacDonnell on 28 April. Details on how the project works are in the linked post above; it's an easy and fun way to knock a few books off your TBR - especially if you're up for the game of a random spin to see which from that list you'll read next.

Spin #2 came up with a boring number - "1" no less - but the corresponding book from my list seems anything but: The Deep by Alma Katsu. A part of me has been obsessed with the Titanic forever, and I've been wanting to read Katsu's novel for what feels just as long ... so yay! Now it's official, and will be read by June 30th.

Meanwhile, for the first spin (#15) back in late December, my book-to-read was The Lost Village by Camilla Sten, which I gave three stars. Official review to come (hopefully within this millenia), but I did enjoy the book a lot, while at the same time felt it definitely came with some of the growing pains most first novels (it is a debut) come with. More to come. 

Such a fun project, though, and if even one person reads this post and comes aboard The BookTube Spin now - or for the next spin in July - it will have done its job!

No comments:

Post a Comment