"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library" - Jorge Luis Borges

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

November Wrap-Up: 94,955 words later ...

Only four books read in November; no films or new TV (though I did catch another couple of episodes of "Los Espookys" which is still sooo great!). Insane, even considering that health issues didn't help the issuue. One adult novel, two graphic novels, and a kid's book - none of them dogs, thankfully. And better still - reviews already up, inlcuding for Jane Harper's latest, currently only available in Australia!

But ... November was also National Novel Writing Month, where you sign up to compete with yourself, trying to write 50,000 words in the month of November - the first draft of a novel. I have signed up in the past, multiple times, never taking myself too seriously even though I have published before (though not anything novel length), and prior to this time never got further than about 3,000 words. But from the beginning, this round felt different. I had an idea for a cozy mystery in my head for awhile, well over a year, and wanted to try getting it out at last.

I blew by the 50k words in nineteen days! And on December 1st, at a whopping 94,955 words, I was finally able to type "THE END" with misty eyes, shocked that I was officially done - not with just the challenge, but the book itself! A HUGE accomplishment for this boy!

Now, giving it a rest for a bit, before the real work - the rewriting - begins.

Onto December! Already more than halfway through at least three books now, so detemined to make that year-end push. Also get some films and new TV under my belt. Keep turning those pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment