"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library" - Jorge Luis Borges

Monday, November 2, 2020

October Wrap-Up: Let's Get Graphic Here

Having moved in late September - then adding the burden of a roommate I hadn't intended on, who is one of the most difficult people I've ever lived with - plus working again, when you put all this with the upcoming elections, I found my concentration wavering throughout the month. Unable to focus for long on novels for some reason, I realized I also had a hefty bunch of graphic novel and manga ARCs I had to complete because they were releasing soon ... so that's where we went for the majority of the month!

Which didn't end up being a bad thing, either. But starting with Vivien Chien's cozy mystery novel, Killer Kung Pao, the month started off with an awesome cozy mystery - one of my favorites of this series! From there on, I got to hang out with the Teen Titans awhile ... also a distant relative of Mary Shelley ... and even discovered a really unique, interesting twist on the iconic Sherlock Holmes nemesis, Professor Moriarty!


Not even realizing how much this was gearing me onto some serious Halloween reading, I then picked up volume one of Tokyo Ghoul - which blew me the heck AWAY - before segueing into a couple of kidlit titles with another creepy graphic novel in-between.

Also got two episodes into a new Brazilian series on Netflix - "Spectros" - and again, more creepiness. So far, so good!


Sadly, no reviews done for October yet. In fact, not quite caught up with September! So if still reading this, please check back for those reviews ... and for November? God knows. I am determined to finish more novels, definitely, but also am doing NaNoWriMo for November (eee!) - and, quite frankly, all of it would most likely go to hell depending on how the elections go. I write this the day before Election Day, scared to death about what may happen should this election be "won", or worse yet stolen, again by a lunatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment