"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library" - Jorge Luis Borges

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

August Wrap-Up: The Books of Summer

Have been fortunate to have read some really great books over the summer, and August was no exception. Starting off with the decadence of Kevin Crazy Rich Asians Kwan's newest, Sex and Vanity, I fell in love with Capri sight unseen ... segueing to the Teen Titans (whom I've always loved; they just crack me up), a new, made-for-kids version of Scrooge's tale that had me flashing back to old-time animation ... and two very similar yet infinitely different cozies set in east-coast B&B's that had me missing that part of the country badly, too.

That's not counting vikings, a farting pony, an adorable rescue kitten, trashed Christmas decorations, or a gerbil talked into purposefully eating the homework of one of the funniest kids I know. But you can check out the reviews yourself, below - or, as always, as I get them added; only finally just caught up with July!

No new films or TV series to report, but as my life preps to change greatly in just the next week or so, who knows what September's wrap-up will be like (though already have two books under my belt so far). Either way, I hope you stick around for it - or come back again, especially as I try to turn this catching-up-on-reviews thing into a trend.

Stay safe - stay sane - stay masked!

No comments:

Post a Comment