"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library" - Jorge Luis Borges

Thursday, April 2, 2020

March Wrap-Up: What the Hell Happened??

Wow, the difference one month can make. Looks like I made it back to the Midwest, to reconnect with family, just in time to have to isolate myself from family (well, most of them; temporarily staying with my baby sis, who is awesome personified). I won't really comment on the pandemic because I am assuming that - like me - you're just as sick of hearing about it every day/all day, but suffice to say I hope that whoever reads these words, that you are PLEASE taking the isolation orders seriously - as well as taking care of you and yours until this crisis is over, and the world slips back onto its axis.
Only six books read in March (and no films, which stings like crazy); am seriously sort of beating myself up for just six, as most BookTubers claim to read that in a week (though I think most of us know that most of them skim instead of read, or listen to audiobooks on 2.5 speed and call that "reading"; what a joke). Still, on the extremely positive side there wasn't a single dud in the six, plus the variety was good, so am all for it (click image to enlarge, if you can't see the covers so well). Even better, got most of the reviews for March up already (scroll down to read); in fact, I think I am only missing the review for the last book read for the month, Night of the Living Ted, so will get that posted asap (spoiler alert: loved it!). 

Not much else to report, just trying to stay positive and not go nuts having to stay put. Worrying, also, about my friends, family, and friends-who-are-family, and hoping this all passes faster than the experts are now predicting. I have to say, though, getting lost in the world of books - as always - is an amazing short-term cure, so for you I hope that you will keep reading and keep the faith! MAY, where are you???

No comments:

Post a Comment