"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library" - Jorge Luis Borges

Thursday, October 3, 2019

September Wrap-Up: Reading Light, Life Heavy

Rarely have I been so glad to have a month over, but September was it. It's difficult to suddenly learn, after nearly two years, that you live with someone with a mental illness; to have that person's newly-acquired second personality actually drive you out of your home is a different story. Just a couple days left until freedom, and may I never, ever have another Jekyll/Hyde roommate like this one again!
Tensions have been so tight the last few weeks, even finding the concentration to read was often tough, so while I am in the middle of about four books right now that I'd hoped to finish in September (now pushed to October, hopefully), instead the month ended up devoted to lighter fair in the reading department; more than a couple graphic novels and children's books on this list. The quality? A mixed bag - in particular one I'd really been looking forward to reading that, ultimately, disappointed (never trust the hype, only your own instincts and tastes)! But definitely some good quality in this group, too (a children's book, in particular, that genuinely blew me away)!
Reviews to come - PROMISE! Just gotta get this move out of the way. October is already starting off better, having just finished my first Christmas-themed book of the year. And quite a good one it was, too.

Amazing, what differences just a month can make. No more like September, hopefully, for awhile. Thank God for books, they keep me sane. Even the one film I watched in September (saw it on the 1st, thinking I was on my way to a better movie month!) was pretty freaking awesome; I don't usually watch a lot of action films, but this series just gets better and better.
Anyway, will let you go. You should be reading, anyway. Please check back for reviews, or scroll down a bit on the left to subscribe for updates! As always, any image here can be clicked on to enlarge, if need be.

October! Spooky month! Hopefully you are getting some awesome Halloween-y type books read while cowering under the covers with a flashlight, ignoring that crack in your closet door that seems to grow wider and wider in the dark. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment