"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library" - Jorge Luis Borges

Sunday, September 1, 2019

August Wrap-Up: Raider of Some Nearly-Lost ARCs!

First of all, the important stuff: THANK YOU! A month ago I was looking forward to breaking 10K in pageviews, now heading into September this blog stands at nearly 11,000 pageviews already! So, so grateful, and thanks to all who have come by; please visit again and again, and sign up for email alerts (scroll down a bit on the left, you'll see it) to be made aware of new posts!

Again - thank you. Hopefully you'll stick with me as the blog continues to grow.
August ended up being a slight catch-up, particularly for graphic novels, on just some of the advanced reader's copies (ARCs) I had to get back to the publishers about, via a read and review, either on or close to publication date (note: you'll still find some reviews missing from July and August; those weren't ARCs, and reviews will be filled in sometime during September). The graphic novels really went the extreme from bad to good and back, but also discovering Ruth Ware for the first time and finally starting V.M. Burns's Dog Club cozy mystery series rounded things out nicely! Again, please check for reviews here, anything missing will be popping up before too long - and as always, click on any image here to enlarge, should you be unable to clearly see any of the books.

The film buff in me? Not so happy. August also saw some transitions in my personal life, including a new job, so - and I can't believe this - I watched NO new films for the month (and still have to get up the review for Slice from July, not to mention other film reviews from, gulp, JUNE that haven't been posted yet!). Seriously ashamed of myself and this trend will stop in September; I love movies too much to go even a month without seeing one.

Meanwhile, wherever and whoever you are, I hope your reading month of September sees you enjoying some great books, as well as some good films that keep you munching popcorn in the dark. Again, thanks for getting me up to nearly 11K, and please keep checking back or following. Welcome September!

No comments:

Post a Comment