"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library" - Jorge Luis Borges

Thursday, August 1, 2019

July Wrap-Up: Closing in on 10K!

Some genuinely good reading for July, including three novels that debuted just this month (reviews for these get priority, as they are time-sensitive, but you can always check back for more content). Eight books logged for July,though two were children's books easy to breeze through in a day (both very good), as I also continue to become more and more enamored with manga and especially graphic novels; truly, volume one of Lumberjanes Vol. 1 was one of the most fun reading experiences I've had in some time, Mamma Mia! full of both charm and genuinely funny. As always, click on any image in the post to enlarge.
Only one film for the month, the low-budget horror film Slice! starring Chance Bennett - aka Chance the Rapper - so reading definitely took precedent for the month, when the time was there, and am actually glad for it though continue to battle time management issues I need to work on (such as curbing all the scrolling I do through Facebook and YouTube!).
Most of all, am so, so grateful to be fast approaching 10,000 pageviews for this blog! Since starting it there have been time periods when I didn't even post, thinking my voice was too small to be heard; so much so, I never really thought to add an option to follow my posts via email (only added that very recently). But 10K pageviews is pretty cool, inspiring me to go for 10K more.
Meanwhile, hope your summer winds up warm and sunny and full of great summer reading, whether at the beach or curled up in bed or on the front porch with a glass of wine. And thanks for visiting here, fellow film lovers and bookaholics; please continue to help spread the news if you like what you read, and I promise: WILL CATCH UP ON REVIEWS THIS MONTH, at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment