"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library" - Jorge Luis Borges

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

May Wrap-Up: Graphic, and Graphic-er(?)

Whether graphic novels (which I am trying to get through, as most of the ones I have are e-ARCs I received in exchange for review) or some films graphic in their depictions of violence, May saw an upswing in numbers - though for June am already working on finishing up a few traditional novels I'm reading, as well - but, especially in the films I saw, May was not such an upswing in quality. Also apologize for this late wrap-up post, but May also saw me leaving a job that was literally making me sick to go to, and it took a few weeks to find a replacement (fortunately, one I like and am looking forward to starting). Job hunting BITES, but it keeps you busy.
I've also begun, as of an April post featuring the TV series "What We Do in the Shadows", to do reviews of new television series I "discover" (or at least am finally catching up on). There is still a phenomenal amount of crap on TV, but thankfully cable and streaming services have helped to really upgrade the better projects to a level of quality never seen on the idiot box before. Though I rarely watch television, when I find something good the urge to tell everyone I know how great it is - well, you'll find those here, too. 
Reviews running late, as always - have vowed to catch up in June! - so please check back for write-ups of any titles you see here (as always, click on either image to enlarge) where a review isn't currently posted. Back to chipping away at the TBR Mountain, and I hope your reading/watching month of June is terrific!

No comments:

Post a Comment